*Marinated Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 package of our Calabrian Sundried Tomatoes, 5.3 OZ.
- 1 cup of Sicilian extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. each of oregano and thyme*, fresh or dried
- 2 tbsp. of fresh, chopped parsley
Sundried Tomatoes: Rinse sundried tomatoes well with running tap water, then soak in a bowl with hot water for at least 5-10 minutes. Strain and pat dry with a clean towel.
Marinade: Prepare the marinade by mixing the olive oil, minced garlic, herbs, and parsley in a measuring cup. Mix well.
Putting it Together: When the sundried tomatoes are ready, place into a small-medium sized bowl, pour the marinade over them and mix together well making sure the tomatoes are thoroughly coated. Let sit at room temperature for at least an hour, mixing occasionally. At this point you can enjoy them or let them marinade further by covering and refrigerator.
Storage: Cover and place in the refrigerator. Let come to room temperature before serving.
* You can substitute the herbs if you need (rosemary, basil, marjoram, fennel seed, etc.)
** For a quick blend of herbs, use our Wild Bruschetta Spices. They are perfect for this!